Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Always Thinking...

Yes thinking constantly can be a bad thing sometimes! Especially if it isn't exactly productive thinking or just the kind that the same thoughts run around and around in your head without any destination other than the land of irritating!
Anyhoo, I am feeling very anxious since school has ended because I am back to just trying to find a job. Quite a few of the jobs I've tried to apply for want you to have your state certification already and I can't get mine until I test on the 2nd, and I am working full time this week so I am kind of at a stand-still that way which sucks. But it's a blessing in disguise that I am working full time this week cuz it will keep me busy until I do get my certification so I need to think of it positively! I really have been focusing on the negative so much lately that I am really making an effort (idea from Deanna) to change my attitude. I don't really notice my thoughts as much as I notice my feelings and my speech. I have realized that I complain a lot when I finally get to talk to someone and so when I was on the phone with my wonderful Mother, I pointed out all the positive things about today rather than dwell on the negative. It really made me feel soooo much better! Hopefully this new habit will continue so I can be calmer and much happier!
Speaking of good feelings, on Saturday I might be going to my friend Brooke's single adult ward activity! She has a lot of older singles in the ward but not too old so they would be in the 31+ catagory but around my age so I thought I'd give it a try. I just need to remember confidence and that I am happy no matter what comes my way but I'd love to get some dates out of it lol but that's not likely until people get to know me so it will be a great start! Well, the kids are cranky so I am off to put us all to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment